For the past year, Escondido communities have advocated for their communities of interests (COI) in the state and county redistricting process to redraw voting districts. Largely, they advocated for being with other North County cities and tribal lands along the interstate 78, 76 and/or 5 corridors. The San Diego County Independent Redistricting Commission (SDC IRC) COI Public Hearing in Escondido on September 2, 2021 encapsulated many of the feedback submitted both to SDC IRC and California Citizens Redistricting Commission.
Now the San Diego County and California Redistricting Commissions have completed redistricting and submitted final maps to be certified by California Secretary of State:
- California Citizens Redistricting Commission Final Maps
- County of San Diego Independent Redistricting Commission Final Report and Map
- San Diego County: Escondido will be in District 5 with Oceanside, Vista and San Marcos along with other North County unincorporated city and tribal lands;
- California State Assembly: Escondido will be in District 76 with San Marcos, San Pasqual, Rancho Bernardo and Rancho Santa Fe;
- California State Senate: Escondido will be in District 40 with San Marcos and Valley Center up to Rainbow and down to Poway and Pine Valley;
- U.S. Congressional House: Escondido will be split into two districts, District 48 and 50, along Bear Valley Parkway, Grant Avenue and Valley Parkway roads. In District 50, Escondido will be with San Marcos down to most South Coastal Cities while in District 48, Escondido will be with Valley Center up to Rainbow to most East-North and East-South County Cities.
See maps of current and upcoming districts below (click on the maps for larger views).
Meanwhile, the COI public hearings for Escondido IRC will start in January:
- Wednesday, January 5, 2022, 6:00 PM via Zoom and In-Person at Mission Middle School Auditorium, 939 E Mission Ave, Escondido, CA 92026
- Saturday, January 8, 2022, 9:00 AM via Zoom and In-Person at Reidy Creek Elementary Auditorium, 2869 N. Broadway, Escondido CA 92026
See replay of the City of Escondido Redistricting Workshop hosted in July 12, 2021.
San Diego County Board of Supervisors
|District 3 (2013 – 2022) 1||District 5 (2023)|
California State Assembly
|District 75 (2013 – 2022) 2||District 76 (2023)|
California State Senate
|District 38 (2013 – 2022) 3||District 40 (2023)|
U.S. Congressional House
|District 50 (2013 – 2022) 4||District 48 & 50 (2023)|